It is easier than ever to put up a landing page these days, with oodles of tools available to generate beautiful pages in a few simple clicks.
But what if you want it to actually convert customers into sales or other actions? That’s a bit more involved, and has a few necessary steps connected to it. Let’s see what goes into a highly converting landing page.
6 Ways to convert visitors to your landing pages
- A killer headline – You never get a second chance to make a first impression, and this is the element that your visitor sees first. You should make this headline not only get them to read on, but also understand that they need to take action on this offer.
- Use compelling images and videos – There’s no doubt about it: videos on your landing pages convert far better than those without, so don’t miss out on this!
- Emphasize the benefits – People need to know what it will do for them, not what it will do. See the difference? Make liberal use of bullet points to indicate this, rather than a long block of text.
- Use a clear call to action – If you tell people in no uncertain terms exactly what you want them to do next, you’ll find that much more of the time they will do so. Don’t be shy about this. Also you’ll want to make your buy or download buttons stand out from the rest of the page, using color and persuasive text.
- Use customer testimonials – Using terrific testimonials from previous customers is a great way to use social proof to make it easier for people to click that button. You don’t need a ton of them either; one or two will work.
- Employ scarcity – Like it or not, scarcity tactics work, and people will click on your offer versus missing out, if you have done a good job telling them why they need this now! Word of caution however: tell the truth. If you use false scarcity, they won’t trust you the next time around.