It may seem to you, as it does to many, that every time we turn around there’s another new local initiative from Google. Now it’s called Google My Business, and before I become any snarkier, let me say that it looks as if this one is very useful.
Promoted by Google as a way for local merchants and service providers to create and manage listings all in one easy to use platform, they appear to have accomplished exactly that!
Essentially Google+ is now the platform, and all else revolves around this.
5 Reasons Why You’ll Want to Create Your Local Presence on Google My Business
- Google My Business centralizes all your information – No longer will you have all your information spread over many different Google platforms, increasing the chances that you can have errors and thus ranking problems. Now you have one place to go to update, add images, virtual tours, and more.
- Use Google+ to Connect with Your Customers – Using the Google+ platform integrated with GMB, you’ve got an easy way to connect directly to your customers and prospects through your company’s Google+ page, add content and images, and you even have the ability to use Hangouts. Very cool.
- Customer Review Management – Everyone likes this one. Now you’ve got a simple solution to managing your reviews through Google+ You can see and easily interact with anyone who leaves a review, and take care of any problems promptly.
- Run Everything From Your Phone – Out and about? Now using the Android or iOS apps it is possible to run your business on the Google My Business platform wherever you are. This even applies to ad campaigns!
- Google My Business Customer Insights – A surprisingly useful statistical function details where your customers are coming from, what they’re clicking, and more. It also integrates easily with your Google Analytics account, as well as Adwords. Not bad, Google!