If you are intent on making video marketing an integral part of your online strategy, then it goes without saying that you need a plan to help make this work the way it should.
It’s now well-known that the average internet user watches 206 videos each month, and even more important, videos are 4X more engaging than static content, and thus convert at a higher rate.
Let’s look at 5 tips to help you come up with a video marketing strategy singularly crafted for your business.
5 Tips for a killer video marketing strategy
Understand your audience
– You first and foremost need to understand who your audience is and what they are in need of. After you know this, all else will follow. Good ways to discover this crucial information are with surveys, polls and bribes!
Choose what type of videos to produce
– There are lots of ways to make a video, from live action talking head videos to narrated slideshows. You will need to decide this based on the talent available, as well as the budget, although that is becoming less and less of a factor. Perfectly passable videos can be made with little more than your smartphone, so there is no longer an excuse!
Set some objectives and goals
– Knowing what the goals are not only of your video marketing overall but of a specific video is very helpful, both in producing content and marketing it. Know what you hope to accomplish with each video before you make it!
Setup a production calendar
– Make sure the responsibility for the creation and implementation of your videos is someone’s task. It is extremely helpful to create a production/editorial calendar to schedule the content, so you can see where you’re going well ahead of time.
Don’t forget to market your videos
– Just making the videos isn’t good enough. Millions are made everyday, and you have to have your videos get noticed amongst a sea of competing videos, you need to do some basic marketing to at least get them to show up well in YouTube. Not hard to do, but definitely necessary!