Have you considered using Instagram for anything other than posting the latest photos you take? Perhaps using it for a business purpose, maybe?
While it’s really good at posting and disseminating our latest shots, it can have a positive impact on brand marketing as well. Let’s learn how that can become a reality.
7 Ways you can use Instagram in your marketing
- Start gathering a following – You’ll be able to kickstart this easily if you have a Facebook following by connecting your Facebook account, use relevant and trending hashtags, and also by engaging people and following them.
- Use videos – Instagram’s video capabilities are both unique and profound. More than double the size of the 6 second micro-video with Vine, the 15 second Instagram videos have the distinct advantage of possibly being shared with Instagram’s 200,000 members, and also the billion users on its parent site, Facebook.
- Create an interesting and informative profile – Like any other social media property, Instagram presents an excellent opportunity to promote your brand via your profile.
- Get good at networking on Instagram – Follow brands and people, employ hashtags that are brand specific, and engage with followers. Find ways to reward followers and to cross promote on Facebook.
- Get creative with your brand – Make it your mission to not merely post images and videos, but to inject as much creativity and excitement into them as possible, showcasing your company’s products and news in a most entertaining and visual way.
- Use video to chronicle your brand – Chronicling and including your followers on important brand milestones is a terrific way to keep interest and buzz alive. Announce major initiatives, products and news through video and images.
- Great for announcements – Instagram is an excellent way to announce new product offerings with images or videos, and give your customers a heads-up about anything new in the pipeline.
Instagram is growing dramatically right now, and with their acquisition by Facebook, they will be popular for quite a while to come. Just be sure you limit the number of selfies, okay?