If you’re trying to build an email list of prospects, you’ll need something of value that’s specific to your intended audience to entice them.
What lead magnets are and how to implement them
Since new leads are the lifeblood of any business, it’s imperative that we get them. Basically a lead magnet is a valuable bribe offered in return for the prospects contact information.
The more specific they are the better. Be sure you’re offering something that makes a difference for them today, not years down the road. Everybody wants it yesterday, right? You will gain more than subscribers, in this day and age of social sharing, you’ll help with branding yourself and your company as leaders in your space.
Here are 7 Great Ideas for Powerful Lead Magnets
- Infographic – The visual content darling of the year, infographics tell an engaging visual story in an interesting, easy to digest manner.
- Video – A video solving a specific problem your audience faces is always a winner. Not just that, a video can be used in a great many more mediums, spreading your lead gen efforts all over the place.
- Short reports – When we say short, we mean short, such as “7 Tips for Solving your Specific Problem” short. They aren’t going to read a novel from you just yet; keep it short and sweet and charm them in the autoresponder followup sequence. These should run in the 10-15 page range.
- Cheat Sheets, Mindmaps and Blueprints – These can be gold for you, as you can compress a ton of valuable info onto one sheet, and people eat them up.
- Content Webinar – As webinars get cheaper and easier to carry out, holding a content packed webinar that features valuable information along with showcasing your wares is a great way to not only get subscribers, but sales at the same time.
- Podcasts – Another great way to distribute specific chunks of content and further brand yourself as an authority in your space is to provide a digital download of a podcast as a lead magnet.
- Coupons or free trials – These are extremely popular as they represent money, and everyone wants to save more of that. A great way to introduce your products and services.